Friday, August 10, 2007

Getting Crafts Confused

One thing that drives me bonkers is people who see me crocheting and ask if I'm knitting. It's worse when the person asking has seen me crocheting before and knows I'm not a knitter. So why, when I posted pictures that were clearly labeled as "crochet hooks" did somebody make a comment about knitting? (There's a new comment up on that post that plays off the confused comment. I don't mind that one.)

Anyway, I completely sympathize with the crafter in this cartoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off, I like the web site.

Secondly, No, people don't know or care about the difference between crocheting and knitting. When someone ask what you're knitting when you are crocheting in public, you can use the opportunity to gently educate him/her about the difference, or just state what your making and smile at the idiot. Your choice. :) I perfer smiling.